declaration OF war AND CALLING A BAND OF BROTHERS – some shocking stats
Calling all brothers in the Lord Jesus Christ. This is a voluntary draft for willing men to enlist in the Mighty Man of Valor, Alpha Company. This is the name of the first division of organized fighters willing to band together in combat against the enemy of our souls in the war of sexual compromise (LUST, PORNOGRAPHY, FORNICATION & ADULTERY). It’s time to take back the ground that’s been lost to the enemy and go after the captives being held in the prison camps of sexual sin.
Regardless of the position you find yourself in right now regarding sexual sin, you are needed in this company. You are joining a band of brothers that consists of only self enlisted men with one Commander, the Lord Jesus Christ.
Sexual sin in the life of a christian man is “Sin in the Camp”, the camp of your family, the camp of the church. To make it worse, for the most part, it is hidden sin. Like a recipe for a destructive meal, its being formulated in the mind, mixed and seasoned with lustful thoughts which manifest physically in the eyes and ears first, seeking out fuel to heat the ovens and stoke the cooking flames, finally all the ingredients are prepared and the cooking temperature has been reached. You seek the alone place, the alone time, quickly cook up your recipe and feast at the altar of pornography and begin making sacrifices to the idols of lust and pride. You are filled up with shame, and end up empty, defeated and compromised. Aren’t you tired of it?
Here is the good news. God loves you with an unfailing love (see Psalm 136), He has given us a way to overcome sin and death and that is by His son the Lord Jesus Christ. He has also sent us His Helper the Holy Spirit and His word to guide us. We shouldn’t be losing this war and it’s time to go on the offensive. Will you join me?
MISSION OBJECTIVES: JAMES 5:13-20
- Honesty, Truth, Character
- First be honest with yourself, are you struggling with sexual sin or are you captured and compromised.
- Be truthful, do not take sexual sin lightly, make excuses for it or down play it. It is KILLING you, your family, your witness, your prayer life, your walk.
- Character is everything, it’s who you are when you’re alone, it’s who you are in your thought life. BE BLAMELESS, uncompromising, a loyal warrior to the King of King and Lord of Lords.
- Vigilant (situationally aware) 2 Corinthians 2:11
- Know your eye-gate/ear-gate weaknesses (movies, TV shows, magazines, websites, co-workers, establishments, etc.)
- Know your triggers (stress, disrespect, lack of control)
- Make no provision (alone time and private place) for committing the act
- Confession and accountability
- Hidden sin is destructive because it’s hidden, bring it into the light (confess one to another James 5:16 )
- Be accountable to your brothers (Not to your wife, this sin is very hurtful to her.)
- In addition to the group, be sure to have a personal accountability brother, someone you talk to regularly, It’s best if it’s someone who is walking in victory over sexual sin.
- Pray often, earnestly, specifically & fervently for your brothers
- Prayer is binding the strongman, this enables us to serve the Lord unencumbered
- Share the good fruit of victory with your brothers.
I’ve setup a private messaging group for serious men that are struggling or caught up and want to overcome sexual sin, or are those walking in victory and grace and want to help those that are struggling. Engage the enemy brothers and let’s leave no man behind. To Join fill out the form below. You will get an invite to the private group. We will use SLACK as the platform (It is available on the web https://mmovac.slack.com/ and has an app for smartphones iPhone & Android). You will be able to address the entire group at @everyone and individuals like myself at @russmc. We will use short military type abbreviations for status updates such as SOS = need prayer now, UF = Under fire (being tempted, pray), MD = Man down (I’ve fallen, need prayer & restoration), POW = Prisoner of War (I’m continually fallen). If you’re a POW don’t be afraid or ashamed to admit it. Brothers let’s fast and pray for our POW’s, Jesus will break the chains and set them free. And this former POW can testify that the one who is forgiven much, loves much. And I do love my brothers very much. Lets make this happen.
2014 survey was commissioned by a nonprofit organization called Proven Men Ministries and conducted by Barna Group among a nationally representative sample of 388 self-identified Christian adult men
The statistics for Christian men between 18 and 30 years old are particularly striking:
- 77 percent look at pornography at least monthly.
- 36 percent view pornography on a daily basis.
- 32 percent admit being addicted to pornography (and another 12 percent think they may be).
The statistics for middle-aged Christian men (ages 31 to 49) are no less disturbing:
- 77 percent looked at pornography while at work in the past three months.
- 64 percent view pornography at least monthly.
- 18 percent admit being addicted to pornography (and another 8 percent think they may be).
Even married Christian men are falling prey to pornography and extramarital sexual affairs at alarming rates:
- 55 percent look at pornography at least monthly.
- 35 percent had an extramarital sexual affair while married.
Those who identify themselves as born-again Christians have similar struggles with pornography and affairs:
- 95 percent admit that they have viewed pornography.
- 54 percent look at pornography at least once a month.
- 44 percent viewed pornography at work in the last 90 days.
- 31 percent had a sexual affair while married.
- 25 percent erase Internet browsing history to conceal pornography use.
- 18 percent admit being addicted to pornography (and another 9 percent think they may be).